27.0(H) x 24.6(W) x 17.4(L) cm
(10.6 x 9.7 x 6.9 in.)
~3.2 kg (7 lbs.) (est.)
Operating Temperature: -10°C to +55°C
Non-operating Temperature: -20°C to +85°C
Designed to meet applicable sections of the following standards:
MIL-PRF-28800F Environmental, Shock, Vibration (Class 2)
MIL-STD-810G 511.5 Explosive Atmospheres
Meets EPRI TR-102323-R3 EMC requirements.
Exceeds Seismic Category I criteria.
Designed to meet relevant requirements for Naval shipboard liquid level indicating equipment per MIL-L-23886C and ASTM F 2044-00.
Complies with all applicable EU directives, as specified by the Declaration of Conformity supplied with the instrument.
Complies with Canadian ICES-003.
EFP-HL Datasheet (1/25/13).
EFP-HL Guided UWB Radar TLI Signal Processor
Portable Precision Tank Level Measurements for Extreme Environments
The new portable, battery-powered EFP-HL Guided UWB Radar Signal Processor uses MOHR's 6th generation Electric Field Perturbation (EFP) technology to provide the industry's most accurate real-time liquid level and multiphase flow measurements.
With thousands of hours of operation at elevated temperatures and pressures, EFP instruments are ideal for severe environment applications.
Together, MOHR's new portable EFP-HL and panel-mount EFP-IL TLI signal processors and SFP-1 Spent Fuel Probe form an ideal solution for the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission's (NRC) EA-12-051 Order to Modify Licenses With Regard to Reliable Spent Fuel Pool Instrumentation (SFPI), issued in response to lessons learned from the Japan nuclear accident in March 2011 at Fukushima Dai-ichi.
EFP-HL TLI System Key Features
- Industry's most accurate liquid level measurements*
- Designed specifically for severe environmental conditions
- Characterize boiling / frothing environments
- Electronics can be >300 m (1000 ft.) from the sensor probe
- In-situ real-time instrument calibration
- Inline probe signal-path integrity monitoring
- Ideal for use with MOHR SFP-1 spent fuel probe
Industry's Best Precision and Accuracy
- Unmatched signal processor precision and accuracy of approximately 0.1 mm (0.004 in.) and 1 mm (0.04 in.), respectively
- Real-world TLI system accuracy, including probe surface tension effects, better than ± 12.5 mm (0.5 in.) for most industrial applications
- Portable (EFP-HL) or fixed (EFP-IL) signal processors can be located more than 300 m (1000 ft.) from the probe with relative accuracy of ~3 mm (0.1 in.)†
Rugged Portability, Flexible Power Options
- Portable, lightweight, battery-powered
- IP67 rated instrument enclosure (watertight, crush-prooof, dust-proof)
- Operates for more than 6h from swappable internal NiMH battery
- Recharge and/or operate from external 9-36 VDC sources -- operates up to 72h using a standard 12V automotive battery
- Meets MIL-SPEC and NRC seismic, shock, vibration, environmental, and EMC requirements
Intuitive Graphical Interface
- Informative graphical user interface reports instantaneous level in length or calibrated volume units
- Evaluate recent tank level trends with real-time level history graph, stored in flash memory
- In-depth diagnostics and configuration simplify system maintenance
Multiple Interface Options
- Ethernet, USB, 802.11 b/g/n WiFi
- Remote monitoring and configuration over Ethernet
- Optional thermocouple, RTD signal processors
†Absolute and relative measurement accuracy may vary by installation and depending on severity of environmental conditions.
MOHR SFP-1 Spent Fuel Pool Probe Assembly
The new MOHR SFP-1 Spent Fuel Pool Probe Assembly is a MIL-SPEC hardened intrusive metallic probe with support assembly qualified for installation in BWR and PWR spent fuel pools without modification to the pool liner. The SFP-1 probe components have been qualified for long life at nuclear temperatures and pressures and are constructed of radiation-resistant materials necessary for an estimated 40 year probe life. The SFP-1 probe is designed to provide accurate liquid level information even in severe accident conditions.
SFP-1 Probe Key Features
- Configurable lengths of 1.5 - 10+ m (5 - 32+ ft.)
- Exceeds Seismic Category I criteria
- >20 y life at 210°C (410°F) using standard materials
- Excellent long-term radiation resistance
- EFP-IL/HL interconnect cable >300 m (1000 ft.)
- Relative accuracy ± 3 mm (0.1 in.) at 300 m (typ.)
- Absolute accuracy ± 25 mm (1 in.) at 300 m (est.)
- Compatible with EFP-HL and EFP-IL signal processor in-situ calibration
What is EFP Technology?
Using specialized metallic probes as waveguides, EFP (Electric Field Perturbation) Series signal processors use ultra-wideband signals that propagate in a process similar to radar. The resultant complex backscatter allows for the determination of liquid level and multiphase flow characteristics such as void fraction.
EFP technology addresses weaknesses inherent in legacy guided-radar / TDR liquid level instrumentation, providing enhanced accuracy and confident level measurements even in boiling / frothing environments.
How to purchase
Please contact us for more information.