CT Viewer™ TDR software, for use with CT100 Series TDRs
CT Viewer™ is a full-featured TDR waveform analysis software package for Microsoft® Windows® XP / Vista PCs that lets you archive, manipulate, analyze, and compare TDR data acquired with CT100 Series Automated Metallic TDRs or any other TDR instrument, now with live internet streaming and remote control of CT100 Series TDRs. CT Viewer™ is included with CT100 Series TDRs. Read on to discover how CT Viewer™ will change the way you test cables.
Quickly and easily archive all your TDR data
- Upload TDR waveforms from any CT100 Series TDR via 10/100 Ethernet, USB, or USB thumbdrive for comparison in the office. Export TDR waveforms to any CT100 Series TDR for later comparison in the field.
- Import TDR waveform data from any other TDR instrument using standard comma-delimited CSV format files.
- CT Viewer™ runs on Microsoft® SQL Server® for dependable, enterprise-class relational database storage of all your Time-Domain Reflectometry test data.
Manipulate, compare, and analyze TDR waveforms
- CT Viewer™ reproduces all of the features of a CT100 Series TDR on your PC and includes a number of new features all its own.
- Powerful TDR waveform analysis features include dynamic independent horizontal and vertical scaling and translation of previously saved TDR waveforms. Measure or remeasure distance-to-fault (DTF), ohms-at-cursor, reflection coefficient, and more.
- Alter or fine-tune VoP (Velocity of Propagation) to 6 significant digits.
- Create new subtraction (difference), derivative, and other mathematical transforms of your saved TDR waveforms.
- Live Ethernet / USB streaming of TDR waveform data from any CT100 Series TDR, and remote control of one or more CT100 Series TDRs over a LAN / WAN or the Internet. Leverage engineering expertise from thousands of miles away.
Use CT Viewer™ to improve the way you perform TDR cable testing
- Increase the effectiveness of engineering oversight by separating the skills required for TDR trace acquisition from TDR trace analysis. With CT100 Series TDRs, only minimal training is required to acquire a high-quality scan up to hundreds of thousands of points that can be review later on CT Viewer™ by experienced personnel who may be located remotely.
- Keep a record of prior TDR scans from a given cable or cable harness; periodic maintenance testing with quick comparison to these prior scans could help catch subtle cable faults that could degrade signal quality, impair system performance, or potentially lead to system failure.
- Improve your QA/QC process by keeping a complete and accurate record of cable performance that can be reviewed later at any time, anywhere.
- View some examples of 50 Ω SMA and BNC coaxial cable quality control tests using the CT100/CT100HF and CT Viewer.