CT100 Series TDR Cable Testers
The Industry's Only High-Resolution Portable Time-Domain Reflectometers
Key TDR Specifications
- The only portable TDR able to resolve connector-size features
(8-10x sharper spatial resolution than competing TDR instruments)
- Industry's most accurate impedance measurements
(16-bit ADC, advanced calibration features)
- Industry's only TDR exceeding all Tektronix® 1502C TDR specifications
- Tests all coaxial, twisted-pair, and multi-conductor (e.g. MIL-STD-1553B, MIL-STD-38999) cable types.
- Detects opens, shorts, kinks, taps, shield damage, thermal damage, sunlight/UV damage, water ingress, loosened or corroded interconnects, poor-quality cables and connectors.
- CATV, Power, Telephony
- Naval / Marine
- Aerospace / Aviation
- Wireless Infrastructure
- PCB Characterization
- TDR Sensor Applications (Soil Moisture, Geophysics)
- Remote monitoring applications
Key Software features -- see CT100 Series Features
- Two independent cursors simplify differential impedance, return loss, and distance-to-fault measurements.
- Save thousands of TDR traces that you can later zoom in/out on, and compare or subtract from live or previously saved traces.
- Live LAN/WAN/Internet streaming and remote control of any CT100 Series TDR. Leverage real-time engineering oversight from thousands of miles away.
- Download your TDR data to a PC and review it later with the included CT Viewer™ software.
- Layer-Peeling reduces TDR waveform impedance errors caused by multiple reflections.
- ZTrace nonlinear transform displays impedance waveform in Ohms.
- Intermittent Fault Detection displays probability density or min/max envelope with impedance-at-cursor.
- Enhanced Calibration provides the industry's best impedance accuracy.
- Now in beta status! -- FFT Math Package for estimating frequency-specific return loss/VSWR, insertion loss, cable loss, S11/S22 S-parameters.
- AutoFit™ button fits any cable to the screen automatically.
- Configuration library makes repeat measurements as easy as a press of a button.
Designed to be easy to use, as well as accurate
- Bright 4.3" color TFT-LCD display is easy to read in any environment.
- Intuitive multifunction key panels simplify TDR use.
- Lightweight and portable, operates for a full shift without recharging; use is unlimited with external battery packs.
- Integrated 10/100 Ethernet connectivity.
- USB peripherals include mouse, keyboard, flash drive, barcode reader.
General TDR Options
- CT100, self-grounding BNC test port
- Electrically-rugged, multipurpose metallic TDR designed for high-resolution testing of a wide range of coaxial and twisted-pair cable types and lengths -- in the field, on the manufacturing floor, or in the lab. Exceeds all Tektronix® 1502C TDR specifications.
- CT100S, stainless-steel SMA test port
- CT100 TDR configured with SMA test port assembly. Represents a balance of performance and electrical overstress protection for field applications where SMA test port is desired.
- CT100HF, stainless-steel SMA test port
- Higher-bandwidth version of the CT100S featuring the fastest TDR system risetime, ideal for testing high-frequency cables and interconnects with resolution and precision previously restricted to unwieldly bench-top TDR instruments.
Standard Accessories (included with instrument)
- CT Viewer™ TDR Waveform Analysis Software Package
- CT100/CT100HF Operator's Manual
- CT Viewer™ User Guide
- Rugged Soft-Sided Carrying Case
- Plenty of room for calibration accessories, manuals, and optional small form-factor keyboard.
- Calibration Pack
- Precision coaxial test cable and BNC/SMA adapters necessary for verifying TDR instrument calibration and performance.
- NIST-Traceable Calibration Certificate
- Standard 12-Month Limited Warranty
- Small Form-Factor Keyboard
- This popular, recommended accessory simplifies data entry and fits in the instrument's carrying case.
- Hard Carrying Case
- Give your instrument the utmost environmental protection with this customized Pelican™ case. Replaces the standard soft-sided carrying case.
- BNC RF Adapter Kit
- Precision BNC RF adapters offer direct high-bandwidth coupling for testing most coaxial cables and interconnects: BNC-BNC, N-N, SMA-SMA, BNC-N, SMA-BNC, SMA-N, and SMA-TNC. Comes in a rugged plastic case. Ideal for use with the CT100.
- SMA RF Adapter Kit
- Precision SMA RF adapters offer direct high-bandwidth coupling for testing most coaxial cables and interconnects: SMA-SMA, SMA-BNC, SMA-N, and SMA-TNC. Comes in a rugged plastic case. Ideal for use with the CT100HF.
- Impedance Matching Adapter Kit
- Not necessary for routine testing of non-50 Ω coaxial cable, but useful for specialized applications requiring precision impedance matching to the cable / device-under-test (DUT).
- Adapter 50 Ω to 75 Ω CT100-AC-I5075
- Adapter 50 Ω to 93 Ω CT100-AC-I5093
- Adapter 50 Ω to 125 Ω CT100-AC-I50125
- External Battery Pack (2700 mAh)
- Coming soon. Indefinitely extend the battery life of your instrument with hot-swappable NiMH battery packs. Rugged clamshell construction securely fastens to the top of the instrument.
How to purchase or rent
For purchasing and rental options, please visit our How to Buy page. For eligible purchasers, the CT100 is NSN listed:(7Z) 6625-01-579-6793.
Mohr CT100 vs. Tektronix® 1502C
|Specification||Mohr CT100||Tektronix® 1502C|
|Risetime, ps* (20-80%)||100 (CT100)|
(into 50Ω load)
|300 mV||300 mV|
|Sequential sampling rate||2 - 250 kHz||12.5 kHz|
|Sampling resolution||16 bits||12 bits|
|TDR frame rate||500 fps||25 fps|
|Horizontal scale||0.003 - 200 ft/div|
(0.001 - 50 m/div)
|0.1 - 200 ft/div|
(0.03 - 50 m/div)
|Horizontal range||0 - 30,000 ft|
(0 - 9 km)†
|0 - 2000 ft|
(0 - 0.6 km)
|Horizontal resolution||0.003 in (0.075 mm)||0.05 in (1.2 mm)|
|Vertical scale||0.5 - 500 mρ/div||0.5 - 500 mρ/div|
|Battery life||> 6h‡||> 5h|
|Battery recharge||< 3h‡||< 20 h|
|I/O options||USB host/client|
optional RS-232, Ethernet
|Data storage||Thousands of traces||Temporarily store single trace|
|Network integration||10/100 Mb Ethernet||None|
|Display||4.3" 480x272 backlit color TFT-LCD||4.7" 256x130 backlit mono LCD|
|TDR trace display||Unlimited||2 traces|
|TDR digital filtering||smooth, subtract, derivatives, FFT||smooth|
|Unit Weight||4.7 lb (2.2 kg)||23 lb (10 kg)|
† Testable cable length may be limited by cable signal attenuation characteristics. Typical twisted-pair and coaxial cables are evaluable to at least 10,000 ft (3.0 km).
‡ The CT100 can operate for an unlimited period with optional hot-swappable external rechargeable battery packs.
4.3(H) x 11.5(W) x 6.9(L) in.
(10.9 x 29.2 x 17.5 cm)
5.1 lbs. (2.3 kg), with cover
4.7 lbs. (2.2 kg), without cover
Operating Temperature: -10°C to +55°C (typ. -10°C to +60°C)
Non-operating Temperature: -20°C to +60°C
Complies with all applicable EU directives, as specified by the Declaration of Conformity supplied with the instrument.
Complies with Canadian ICES-003.
EMC: MIL-PRF-28800F. MIL-STD-461F RE102, CE102. IEC 61000
Shock/Vibration: MIL-PRF-28800F (Class 3)
Temperature/Humidity: MIL-PRF-28800F (Class 3)
Explosive Atm.: MIL-STD-810G 511.5 Procedure 1 (+55°C, 0-4600 m)